Developmental and Copy Editing Services – Short Stories, Novels, and Memoir
Your story is your craft, your art, your hard work.
I never lose sight of that.
I’m a writer, too, and I know how hard you’ve worked to get your story to this point. I’m here to help you polish your vision or work out what just isn’t coming together the way you’d like. I’ll look at the big picture of your story—the plot and theme, structure, character arcs, pacing and many other aspects—and make suggestions on how these elements can sparkle brighter.
My developmental editing service includes:
- Comments and notes using Track Changes, including what you’re doing right!
- A summary letter about your manuscript, its strengths and where you can make it shine even brighter.
- 30-minute Zoom meeting to discuss your work, goals, and any questions you have about my comments.
$9 per page with a minimum of $36. A page is double-spaced, Times New Roman or Arial, 12-point font. This works out to be about 250 words per page.
Further consultation billed at a rate of $50/hour.
My copy editing service includes:
- Corrections and notes using Track Changes.
- A summary letter about your manuscript, its strengths and where you may want to sharpen your self-editing skills.
- 30-minute Zoom meeting to discuss your work, goals, and any questions you have about my comments or suggested changes.
Fees are determined by the level of editing you request (light, medium, or heavy) along with other editing services such as fact-checking. You’ll send me a sample of your writing and I’ll edit it to demonstrate what you can expect from me. If we agree that we’re a great match for this project, I’ll send you a quote for my services. My fees follow the Editorial Freelancers Association’s Fee Rates.